I wrote a short poem on the occasion of Harry Potter and Philosopher’s Stone 20th anniversary through YourQuote app.
Happy Birthday to JKR and to Harry too 😀😀
On the occasion of birthday of JKR, a person who changed the world of many children, their parents, and grandparents. I present to you some interesting facts about one of the most loved writer of all time.
- It was on a delayed train from Manchester to London in 1990 when Rowling wrote the initial ideas on a napkin.
- Rowling was diagnosed with depression which gave her inspiration for creating Dementors.
- JKR bought the wedding dress for her second marriage with Neil in disguise so that she can shop in peace.
- K in J K Rowling stands for Kathleen which is Rowling’s grandmother’s name.
- King’s Cross is the station where her parents met first , that is why Rowling wanted Harry to go to school from there.
“A young man asked Socrates the secret to success. Socrates told the young man to meet him near the river the next morning. They met and Socrates asked the young man to walk with him toward the river.
On a high mountain, I stood
And cried the name of Ali, Lion of God.
O Ali, Lion of God, King of Men,
Bring joy to our sorrowful hearts
Book : The Kite Runner
Author : Khaled Hosseini
Rating : 5/5 Continue reading
I found an amazing article on Pottermore about dos and don’ts when you a friend who is hasn’t read Harry Potter or simply put, is a Muggle :D. I hope you guys will also enjoy this amusing and pretty useful article.
If you are a Potterhead, like me then I have a good news for you. The highly awaited Wizarding World Book Club is now live !!
Father’s Day is coming and we all want to give our dads something which brings a big smile on their face. And I think books are one of the best gifts in this world. So why not gift your dad an awesome book this Father’s Day ? Here I am presenting a list of books which you may give to your lovely and caring dad.
“One little soldier boy left all alone; he went and hanged himself and then there were none.”
Book : And Then There Were None
Author : Agatha Christie
Rating : 5/5
I recently read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, once again. The quotes in this book are very striking and inspiring. So this time, while reading, I decided to jot down some quotes.
People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.